Eficiencia energética en centro de datos redes e infraestructura distribuida
Lunes, 16 Junio, 2014 - 00:00
Paper Submission: June 16, 2014
Notification: August 1, 2014
Camera Ready: August 15, 2014
Call for Papers
The special session is focused on novel contributions to make datacenters and distributed architectures more sustainable.
This is a very important topic nowadays, where energy- aware and ‘green’ management of computing infrastructures play
a major role to guarantee a proper utilization of energy resources and provide a sustainable environmental approach for
information technology systems.
The relevance to the IEEE CloudNet 2014 scope is clearly indicated by the main topics addressed: distributed
(i.e., grid/cloud) infrastructures, networking, and energy-efficiency planning.
The main topics to be covered include:
- Energy-aware measurements, models, monitoring and simulators for datacenters and distributed infrastructures
- Energy-aware strategies for scheduling and planning on distributed infrastructures
- Green datacenter operation
- Green networking: embedded energy-aware in network design and protocols.
- Design and optimization of cooling systems for datacenters
- Solutions for improved resource management on datacenters and distributed infras- tructures
- Alternative green energy sources for datacenters: solar energy, waterfall electricity, etc.
- Energy saving in storage, replication, and network access
- Energy-aware smart grid and cloud systems
- Energy-aware software and deployment optimization
- Virtualization techniques for improving efficiency
- Power management techniques and optimization
- Green paradigms for Infrastructure-as-a-Service cloud computing